Finnish Seaside Sauna
The sauna is close to the sea and you can easily go for a swim if you feel like it.
There are two separate dressing- and bathrooms and one sauna. In the electrically heated sauna (steam room) there is place for 6-10 persons at the same time.
Family sauna (private)
30€/ 50 min
– one dressing- and bathroom
-1-4 persons or a family, additional person 6€, private sauna during this time.
Sauna bookings start every even hour. Get the key from the reception before the sauna begins, return the key back to the reception immediately afterwards. Book the sauna beforehand in the reception.
- SUP Boards (Stand Up Paddle Boards) (from 20€/h, longer rentals cheaper by the hour)
- Rowing Boats (from 8€/h, 20 € for the first hour)
- Sit-on-top Kayaks (20€ first hour, cheaper subsequent hours and cheaper prices for longer rentals)
- Children-/junior model -50% cheaper when rented together with a kayak for an adult/adults)
- Canoe for up to 3 persons (or 2 adults and 2 small children, approximately, depending on the total weight)
- Floating Mats in many sizes, SMALL-BIG (from. 10€/h)
- Jet Skis: www.jetsgo.fi (110€/h (½ h 70€), price includes gasoline) No license needed, but you have to be 18 years old.
- Bicycles www.carfield.fi (min. 3 hours rental = 12€, longer rentals more affordable by the hour)
Possibility to return the bike to a different Carfield location along the Archipelago Trail.
Reserve the bike beforehand at Carfielf.fi if you want to make sure you can have a bike at a certain date.
The nature on the campsite is very beautiful and peaceful. Here you will have time for yourself and for your family. You can take a walk in the beautiful forest or sit and enjoy the stunning view from the cliffs, experience sauna bathing “true Finnish style” or spend a relaxing day on the beach.
Everyman´s right: “People of all nationalities have the right to enjoy the Finnish countryside freely under the traditional Finnish legal concept known as everyman’s right. But together with these wide-ranging rights comes the responsibility to respect nature, other people, and property. ”
Please read about the Everyman´s right
St Olof waterway: “Walk through the most beautiful archipelago in the world from island to island. The route will take you from Turku Cathedral on the Finnish mainland, through Åland – the islands of peace- and on to Sweden. Once in Sweden you have several alternative routes to choose from to reach your final destination of Trondheim in Norway. St. Olav Waterway will be officially opened on May 24 2019.” More about St Olof waterway
To see and experience:
In Parainen you can see the largest open quarry (Nordkalk) in the Nordic countries, one hundred meters deep, from which limestone has been mined continuously since the 1300’s. Get acquainted with the district museum, the industrial museum, or the narrow alleways in Gamla Malmen (the old city), enjoy a bun with coffee in Fredrikastugan or the Sattmark coffee shop. Why not spend a quiet moment in the sturdy grey stone church, or you could drop in to one of the special shops on the pedestrian street or visit the local vineyard or a sheepfarm?
The centre of Pargas offers various forms of recreational activities, such as Adventure golf, Archipelagia golf, tennis, beachvolley, frisbeegolf, Islannin hevostalli (horses), bowling and nature trails, just to name a few.
Art Bank is a unique Fine Arts Gallery (Salvador Dali) in Pargas.
Shopping in the archipelago. Restaurants and cafés in the archipelago.
Here is more information of what to see and do in Pargas!